top of page



Image by Stefano Pollio

If you are a victim of a criminal or administrative offense, you are entitled to compensation for non-pecuniary damage. Our team of moral damages lawyers can help you understand what compensation you can expect and what you need to do.

What is moral harm?

Moral harm is: 

  • In physical pain and suffering suffered by an individual in connection with an injury or other damage to health.

  • In the mental suffering that an individual has suffered in connection with illegal behavior towards himself, members of his family or close relatives.

  • In the mental suffering that an individual has suffered in connection with the destruction or damage to his property.

  • in humiliation of honor and dignity of an individual, as well as the business reputation of an individual or legal entity.


- For what you can demand compensation for moral damage?

Moral damage caused to persons who have suffered from a criminal or administrative offense may be manifested: 

  • In humiliation of honor, dignity, prestige or business reputation.

  • In moral distress due to damage to health.

  • In violation of property rights (including intellectual property), suffrage, consumer rights, and other civil rights.

  • In violation of normal life ties due to the inability to continue active social life.

  • In violation of relationships with others.

  • In the event of other negative consequences.


- Who has the right to compensation for moral damage?

A person who has suffered as a result of such an offense has the right to compensation for non-pecuniary damage caused as a result of a criminal or administrative offense.


- Who compensates (compensates) for moral damage?

Damage caused by a criminal offense or other socially dangerous act shall be compensated by the suspect, accused or natural or legal person who is legally liable for damage caused by the actions of the suspect, accused or insane person who committed the socially dangerous act.


- What amount of compensation can be claimed?

The amount of compensation you or your family members may be entitled to is influenced by many factors. Among them are the following: 

  • The depth of the physical and mental suffering you have experienced, its duration.

  • The degree of guilt of the person who caused moral damage.

  • The nature of the offense.

  • Ability to restore the condition that existed before the offense.


- Do you need a lawyer to file a claim for non-pecuniary damage?

Compensation for non-pecuniary damage occurs in court. Compensation is awarded differently in each case and depends a lot on your specific circumstances. 

If you do not have an experienced moral damages lawyer on your side, it may be difficult to determine the nature of your case, and you may not receive the compensation to which you are entitled.


Our team of moral damages lawyers can help you if:

  • You need help filing a lawsuit.

  • You applied for compensation from employees, but it was rejected.

  • You are injured and need advice on what to do next.

  • You have other questions about compensation for non-pecuniary damage.


Have you faced a similar situation and want to receive compensation? Do you have doubts about your right to compensation for moral damage?

Ask our lawyer a question!


Questions? Call the number , or write in the CHAT (at the bottom of the page). We will be glad to help you!


You can also find us at:

Vinnytsia, street Liberation 2 , or

Kyiv, Sq. Solomianska, 2 .

bottom of page